Re: [pygame] Pathfinding

ok, i didn't get any of that

--- On Tue, 1/27/09, Michael George <mdgeorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Michael George <mdgeorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] Pathfinding
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 4:38 PM

Yanom Mobis wrote:
> is it easier to make the game tile-based?
>
> if I make every pixel a node, and there are 2 obstacles really close together, how will I     make sure something 20 pixels wide doesn't try to go into a 2 pixel wide opening?

One possibility is to use the new convolution code in the mask module - if you convolve the obstacles with the shape of the object that's moving, you can do pathfinding in the resulting mask and it will only move where it fits.  Depending on your situation, this might be a reasonable approach.

--Mike