Re: [pygame] starting questions

Sebastián Gurin wrote:

*) LAYERS - z-index in sprites. I think i've understanded the concepts
of sprites, rect, surface well but I can't find a way of managing
sprite layers. I need to 1) i need to set the zIndex attribute for
sprites so when they overlap with another one is showed on top of the
other. I also need 2) a way of know the top most sprite that receives
a mouse event. I would like to know if this stuff is already present
in pygame api, or if I have to create/simulate it by hand.

You have to do it all by hand. The sprite that's blitted last is the one on top. Sprites don't receive mouse events - you have to connect the two yourself.