Re: [pygame] "Paths"

You might consider cairo.

--Mike

Bill Coderre wrote:
So I've been hacking Mac OS X's "Core Graphics" as a way of learning iPhone coding (gotta sharpen those job skills), and I was wondering if there's an extension to pygame or python somewhere that implements "path" based graphics.

In this model, you do stuff roughly like this:
1) Open a path in the current context (graphics device, in pygame, I guess that would be a surface)
2) Move to a starting point
3) repeatedly add lines, rectangles, arcs, and bezier curves to the path
4) Close the path (which implicitly adds a line back to the starting point)
5) Fill or stroke (or both) the path, to get graphics to appear.

If I wanted to write python and use Mac OS X's core graphics, there's a bridge already built. What I want is to use my code on other platforms, specifically the OLPC. (I realize this might be an unreasonable expectation, since the OLPC has very little graphics horsepower.)

I am currently totally staying away from OpenGL, since it seems like it'll take me a month to make headway into that. Maybe, however, OpenGL already has path-based stuff.

Anyway, I figured I'd toss this out there, see what people think.