Re: [pygame] Pygame Subset for Android 0.9.1

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Tom Rothamel <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 1:35 PM, stas zytkiewicz <stas.zytkiewicz@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>> The python module Configparser isn't included, is it possible to include
>> it ?
>
> I haven't figured out which parts of the standard library should be
> included. For pure-python modules, even if the module isn't included, it can
> be used by including it with the app, so that might be the better approach
> for rarely-used modules. (Now the question is - is configparser rarely
> used?)
Configparser is not "mission critical" and as you say it can always be included
in the app itself.
Perhaps we better wait and see which missing parts are frequently used.
I for one have written a simple Logfile replacement so that I didn't
have to rewrite
my programs for the android version.
I suspect that most python programs use the Logfile module so it might be
a candidate for inclusion ?
Not that it's hard to live without but it would be nice to port
existing stuff to
android without rewriting to much code.

Stas

--
Free-source educational programs for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org ; and http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Schoolsplay