Re: [pygame] Tedious detail of progress into the Debian archive

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 11:23:13AM +0300, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> This is really a very smart thing to do from Debian's point of view.
> Better packages and less problems for the users. But it is a pain to
> package something and try to submit it. I spent a while just trying to get
> a simple package with a binary, man-page and README packaged into a deb. I
> think I got that working, but now comes the political process if I want
> the package into the Real Debian. Would be fun, but I don't have time for
> that mentor stuff humiliation process that seems to take ages to get done.
> :-)

Me too.  The good thing is that you have to be quite dedicated and good
to even get that far.  If it was too easy, then Debian would be chock
full of half-maintained packages.

> Why do I do this then? Well, I'd like to package our pygame game as a deb
> too, and maybe get someone else with the proper permissions to some day
> upload it into Debian proper. Some day...

Yep ;-)

Francis

--
Home: francis@flourish.org  Web: www.flourish.org