Re: [pygame] Socket and WinME

Leonardo Santagada wrote:

> This isn't a problem with pygame, but neither civil or any script that uses
> sockets work for me. I tried python 2.1 and 2.1.1c1 and every time I exit a
> program that uses sockets windows Me give me an error about kernel.dll. I
> just want to know if it is also happening with you.

Your test program works fine for me (as in it doesn't give me an error),
as do the socket examples and my own socket code.  I'm using 2.1 under
ME.  Did you install Python from source or using the Windows installer?
I did the latter.  If you installed from the source perhaps something
related to sockets wasn't installed correctly?  But since its a Windows
error across two different Python versions, you might want to try
reinstalling Windows' network support in case something got corrupted.
It can happen all too easily...

If that doesn't help (and admittedly it probably won't) you should
probably ask your question on comp.lang.python (aka python-list).

ObPyGame:  Are there any special considerations when using pygame with
sockets?