Re: [pygame] bug (and fix?) in mixer.c

Hi Pete,

I've updated my CVS snapshot and am glad
to report that the problem is fixed!

In a W2K shell :

C:\games\solarwolf-1.0\python.exe solarwolf.py

with the old "mixer.pyd" I get a "crash" on exit,
with the new one it exits cleanly.

> ... i must admit for "struggling" through learning
> everything you managed to do a good job of coming up with
> a problem.

I have been programming professionally in C for well
over ten years, but I'm new to Python, SDL, PyGame,
and Open-Source in general.

I think it was just luck. In my experience, being able to
consistantly reproduce a bug is essential.

Maybe my Win2K system has a quirky combination of hardware/
software :

PIII-667Mhz, 384Mb RAM, Abit-SL6 (i815 chipset).
On-board sound, nVidia TNT2 M64 Pro AGP graphics card.
Seagate ST330630A HD, LG DVD-ROM, Samsung CD-R/RW, a floppy.
KNE120TX 10/100 Network adapter.
QuickShot USB StrikePad 4-axis, 8-button gamepad.
Windows 2000, Service Pack 2

I'm using Python 2.0.1 Final.
I'm compiling SDL, SDL_mixer, etc. from CVS using MSVC6.0
but I'm using "optimize for size" (not speed) and zlib,
libpng-1.0 and jpeg-6b are seperate DLLs. Also I have enabled
inlining for MSVC6.0 (think this is in the latest CVS)

jpeg.dll      108K
libpng1.dll    96K
SDL.dll       184K        216K
SDL_image.dll  28K        136K