Re: [pygame] Frantic memory usage

You need to keep all animations in memory that will be viewed one after another, because otherwise the 'stuttering' that will occur as you load from hard drive would be jarring. But do throw away any frames you no longer need, the instant you're done with them, to keep memory load down.

For my online game, I like to load the animations all at once when the script is received from the server, before playing them. This allows them to play at their intended frame rate without stutters, and any delay on loading from the hard drive is attributed to 'server lag', which online players are used to.

--Kamilche