Re: [pygame] Perlin Noise Function

On Jul 30, 2008, at 2:44 PM, René Dudfield wrote:

hi,

The noise lib that Casey made looks pretty cool :)

Thanks.

There's also noise code in cgkit (a 3d lib for python).

Maybe it would be useful if someone made, or copied a list of cool
things you could do with noise functions.  Then we can decide if noise
is useful for lots of people to include it with pygame.

I've tried to start that with the examples, though they are admittedly biased against pygame at the moment ;^)

If people have suggestions, I'd be happy to take some time to implement more examples. Right now they are 3D biased, because that is my application, but perhaps that doesn't matter.

Casey, would you be interested in having your noise code included in
pygame at some point?

Sure. It's still pretty new right now, so I'd love for it to see some field-use first and gather feedback, but I would be willing to let it go into the fold, so long as I could keep my own MIT licensed version for use outside. I'd be happy to maintain the pygame version if it was adopted as well.

-Casey