Re: [pygame] pygame-1.1 source available

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 11:13:50AM +0100, Aquarius wrote:
> Does this mean that there will be debs coming as well? Or is that
> someone else? (Francis? I can't remember -- take no offence, Francis,
> if it is you and you're working on it!)

As it happens, I was just working on it when you sent this mail.  Find
the .deb files for pygame-1.1 on the FTP site in contrib.

They are compiled to unstable only, although I had to use the testing version
libsdl-ttf1.2 as the unstable one was broken.

The good news is that python2-numeric stuff now works out the box with Debian
(on unstable anyway), so the funky array slicing examples work.

The bad news is that I can't get the new glcube.py demo to work; which is
ironic, really, as I was the first person to get GL working with pygame...
There isn't a python2 package for pyopengl yet in Debian, so I submitted
a bug asking for one.

Pete, can you move these Debian package file to the web site?

Francis

--
Home: francis@flourish.org  Web: www.flourish.org