[pygame] simple animation

Hi,
after reading the thread a little earlier about advanced animation of different unrelated objects I feel I need to ask if you can go back a couple of steps and point me in the direction of a simple example/tutorial of an animation of a simple object that runs smoothly no matter how fast the computer.
I.E any 2d fighting games that deal with just changing a sprites image instead of the suckabots game which looks a little more advanced than what im looking for

Well thanx in advance
:ant

Gaming galore at http://xtramsn.co.nz/gaming !