Re: [pygame] 1.5.6 release

Pete Shinners wrote:
Pygame 1.5.6 has been released.
i've just realized that the new system font code specifically breaks python 1.5.2 support. really the only reason is using string methods instead of importing the old string module and using its functions.

i suppose at some point 1.5.2 support will need to be dropped, but for now it seems this isn't the feature to lose it over. i'll be 'retrofitting' the system font code for the 1.6 release so we still have our full 1.5.2 compatability.