Re: [pygame] Re: Convert to numpy?

I personally don't plan on supporting nonfree numpy.  Since they are
charging for their documentation.

I think that documentation is a fundamental part of software.  You can
not use software correctly without documentation.  So charging for
such documentation is the same as charging for the software itself.

I have no problems with authors trying to cover the costs of
development.  However, that doesn't mean that I should be required to
support their efforts to charge for software by recommending that
software, or making their software easier to use.

If someone else wants to add support for numpy to pygame please feel
free!  If patches are submitted in the next few weeks it may even get
into pygame 1.8.

On 6/17/06, Christopher Stone <chris.stone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/16/06, Christopher Stone <chris.stone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is some discussion on Fedora mailing list of removing
> python-numeric and replacing it with numpy.  Pygame uses a header file
> /usr/include/python2.4/Numeric/arrayobject.h which is not included in
> the numpy package.  I can probably copy this header file when doing my
> builds if python-numeric goes away, but I am curious if pygame has any
> plans to convert to numpy?

hmm upon closer inspection the numpy package does include this header
file, just not in a standard location.  It should be pretty easy for
me to use though.  Sorry to bother you all with this.