Re: [pygame] resources for edge tile algorithm

I don't know if this is helpful but I came across it the other day.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article934.asp

I believe it's basically just saying that when creating the top transition tile layer check the 8 surrounding tiles of each tile on the screen (or the whole generated map if you want) to see if they are of a lower terrain type then the current tile. If so, apply the correct transition tile to use from a tilesheet indexed the same as the for loop doing the checking or however you want to keep track of which edge of the tile you're currently checking.

I haven't done it myself, but if you get something working let me know. I am planning on doing the same thing in one of my projects but it is a ways off.

Devon