Re: [pygame] Help testing windows builds?

On 18 June 2016 at 10:16, Renà Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks to Paul, Leonard, Thomas (and others I've forgot... sorry!) there are automated windows wheels.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/pygame/pygame-temp-m8dun

I know it's not immediately obvious how to get and install pygame from that page. So here's a quick guide:

1. Pick the version of Python you can test. We're building Pygame for Python 3.5, 3.4 and 2.7, and for 32 and 64 bit Python (you need to get the build matching your Python bitness - you may have 32-bit Python even if Windows is 64-bit).
2. In the relevant build, click the artifacts tab and download the .whl file.
3. Install it from the command prompt by running: pip install pygame-(...).whl

These steps are only necessary for testing the unreleased version. When pygame 1.9.2 is released, you'll be able to 'pip install pygame' and get it from PyPI.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thomas