Re: [pygame] ANN: Twitch 1.0

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 12:26:34AM -0800, David Clark wrote:
> The first release of my game, Twitch, is now available. The home page
> is:
>
> http://www3.telus.net/futility/twitch/index.html

Great!  It's really good to see a real game using PyGame.

I made my own .deb of sdl-ttf 1.2.2 to get it working (it isn't packaged yet by
the Debian maintainer), if anyone is interested I can pass it on.

A few suggestions about the game:
- Right mouse button, or perhaps the mouse wheel (buttons four and five in SDL)
to change weapon would be really handy.
- I found the controls quite awkward.  The imprecise mouse pointer is kind of
clever, but it is also annoying - i think I want it to just behave like a
normal mouse pointer.
- It's too hard for me ;-)  Enemies would be much more fun if they blew up in
one shot.  Perhaps they could deteriorate more as you shoot them?  More, weaker
enemies!

Good stuff.

Francis

--