Re: [pygame] Mp3

Thanks for your reply Pete.

>yes. there is support for MP3, but i've found it doesn't work
>100% on all MP3's out there. MP3 support is provided through
>SDL_Mixer, which uses the SMPEG library for MP3 decoding.

Okay. I'll browse through SDL docs to find more info about mixer
module.

>SMPEG doesn't quite decode all MP3's correctly, i think the
>biggest problem is variable birate files. but i've also found
>strange playback on files that are not 41khz.

That sounds strange to me : it was the first problem I thought to as I
encountered playback problems. Anyway my Mp3 is encoded using a plain
128 Kbit/s fixed rate, enabling HQ option (which should affect only
encoding phase, not playback) on the Fraunhofer encoder. Itplays good
even on my SL45 mobile phone :-)

>A full list of formats is pretty big, but it supports MP3 (from SMPEG).
>it also supports WAV and all mikmod supported files (MOD, MTM, IT, etc)

Great !

>hope that helps. MP3 support is there, but it's not 100% best way
>to know if your soundfile will play is to try it. goodluck

Okay. I'll do more tests and report any success.

Cristiano