Re: [pygame] Collaborative game in 8 weeks.

[FUP: pygame-projects@seul.org]

Aurelio Tinio schreef op woensdag 12 maart om 04:27:10 +0000:
> Seems like a great day to join the pygame-users lists!!!
> <Collaborative Game Theme>
>     In particular, I would like a theme focussed on the great classics from the nes and snes era.  Therefore the suggestions for a zelda style game, or mario platformer definitely catch my eye.  Perhaps, we should address the following quote:
>     "There was once a time when a game's simplicity and straightforward
>     design could be respected if it yielded an experience that was just
>     plain fun." -Fran Mirabella III (Imagine Games Network)

Agreed. In those days, games were fun.

> <Game Proposal>
>     Given the 8 week limit, my game suggestion referenced by the above quote is a simple (and often improperly executed) clone of the highly addictive multiplayer game BomberMan!!!

I disagree with this one. We should create something that isn't already
there. I think RocksnDiamonds is an excellent game which can
impossibly be evened.

We could also try a new genre which doesn't exist. This requires a lot of
creativity though; consider something like Liquidwar or
SpitWadWilly/Pea Shootin' Pete:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/shots/gameId,5508/

But that's more like: something totally new. Probably impossible though,
so a platformer would be my 1st choice.

regards,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/