Re: [pygame] my first game (so far)

ill have to look at it again tonight see if the
controls are on my end (maybe ill also load it up on
my ubuntu partition...), anyone else try this in
vista?

i have had 2 very odd keyboard control issues in some
non pygame games before, but 2 out of the hundreds ive
played on vista isn't very many.  but it may be a
hardware or driver issue somewhere on my end and
vista.

great start though, ill be excited to see it when its
more done.

Devon

--- Michael Fiano <michael.fiano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
> Devon Scott-Tunkin <djvonfunkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I liked the weird american idol like menu song and
> the
> > tiles look pretty cool in the graphics file. When
> > first ran it and tried to select new game I got a
> > pygame.error: music not loaded for the
> > pygame.mixer.music.play in scene.py (line 28). i
> > commented it out and it started (as i haven't
> worked
> > with sound yet in pygame myself to try and fix it
> and
> > am just starting oop too). then i was in a field
> of
> > all grass with really wonky controls that would
> > sometimes not allow me to walk in certain
> directions.
> >
> > i am using python 2.5 pygame 1.7 and windows
> vista.
> >
> > But hey at least the guy animates nicely and does
> > something!
> >
> > Devon
>
> Thanks, though the graphics and sounds are just
> place-holders for now....definitely not the final
> versions.
>
> As for the music error, this is because I was trying
> to save space with the archive on my web server and
> created a symlink for the menu music to the scene
> music....which now that I think about shouldn't work
> on non-nix systems :) As for the wonky controls,
> that I cannot explain. The player can move all over
> the viewable area (no scrolling yet [help?]) for me.
> Anyone else want to try it on Vista, or other
> versions of Windows, or other OS's? It seems to work
> fine on Linux with pygame 1.7.1 and python 2.5.
>
> Anyway, I'm glad you like it so far. I'm quite happy
> with the result so far myself being my first
> OOP/game project and all.

Be a better friend, newshound, and