Re: [pygame] Re: Playing with Flatpak packaging

On 14 March 2017 at 10:31, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also depending on the current working dir is fairly common. I used to use some code which would try and change the current working dir as the first thing. But realised this broke under all the different OSes that do all sorts of weird things.

I wondered about this. The launcher script could probably chdir() to its own location before starting the user's code. It feels like the wrong approach in general - I believe the working directory should be primarily left as a convenience for end users, not for developers, and I'd rather try to build tools/templates that encourage the right way to do it - but it's arguably not such a sin in game development, where the end users probably don't need to interact with the filesystem.

zero effort - pygame icon fallback
small effort - one large image resized as needed
more effort - every size of icon, and file type can be specified exactly.

That makes sense. Pynsist includes a generic star icon as a fallback in a similar vein. I'll also think about converting icons between different formats.