Re: [pygame] File-like objects and mixer.Sound

In article <15108.13969.450864.187747@gargle.gargle.HOWL> you wrote:
> Aquarius responds:
> > Ah, here's my problem. I've just got the latest CVS code, but I can't
> > install it afaics, because it needs the distutils and they haven't been
> > packaged for Debian for python2, only for Python 1.{52,6}. Debian
> > people who are compiling pygame from source, how are you installing it?
> > Perhaps I'm just being thick here.
>
> Hi! A few things:
>
> - Aquarius, I'm not sure why you're having problems. I'm running
> python2 as well, and I can build the pygame cvs without difficulty.

Where are you getting the distutils from? Afaics, there's a
python-distutils package, but no python2-distutils... I may be just
missing something here :)

> $ python config.py
> $ python Setup.py install
>
> Everything went fine.

When I try that it fails to import distutils modules. I'll try
python2-dev in case the distutils are in there...once this apt-get
upgrade finishes, bah...

Aq.

--
"I'm a pepper drink,