Re: [pygame] Cannot blit to an OpenGL surface

Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. wrote:
I am getting the following message:
"Cannot blit to OPENGL Surfaces (OPENGLBLIT is ok)"
SDL has a special display mode OPENGLBLIT you can use when you set the display mode. It maps SDL blit calls into glWritePixels.

Now that you know, the general consensus is to never use this. glWritePixels is not accelerated on most graphics cards, so it's not really a win. Textured quads are the 'recommended' way to do this, but you are correct with the powers of 2 setup.

A few months ago I remember people had near-pygame interfaces for a 2d opengl library. Have to hit the archives for more, I can't remember more than that at the time.