[pygame] Propose a talk for Europython 2006 ! Come listen to other's experiences at Europython 2006!

Registration for EuroPython 2006 at CERN near Geneva in Switzerland
from 3-5 July is now open:

http://www.europython.org/sections/registration_issues

You can still propose a talk: (deadline May 31st)

http://www.europython.org/sections/tracks_and_talks/announcements/call-for-proposals

(Proposing a talk incurs a 70 euro /discount/ if you're registering after
tomorrow!)

EuroPython is *the* European Python and Zope event of the year.  This
year we have keynotes from the ever present Guido van Rossum and from
the noted visionary and educator Alan Kay.

Why am I posting here? I'm the track chair for the Games and Entertainment
track, and whilst we do have some great talks lined up, we'd love to have
more, and this is where you come in.

Also, it's a community run event, and only works if the community attend -
come and talk what you're passionate about! The two europythons I've been to
so far have been great, and I expect this one to be no different except
perhaps more fun by being closer involved.

Games are one of the key reasons people start using computers. Python provides
people with the power and simplicity to write games of their own - from
simple sudoko games, arcade games through to massive online gaming systems.
Python is used commercially for games infrastructure and scripting. There are
also community events encouraging you to build a game from scratch in a week.

However, not all the tools that people use for writing games end up being used
that way. They get used for entertainment purposes as diverse as PVRs,
audio/video players, and fun presentation tools (as seen at Europython!).

Come share your experience with the wider community! Tell us how you get
started, how you build something large, how you build something small, how
you built something cool. Share how YOU built your games, and entertainment
systems. In return you may well gain new collaborators, certainly new ideas,
and discover new ways of doing things.

Heck, someone giving a talk on how to get started with pygame - say the chimp
tutorial, or more fun would probably go down well. This isn't just about
games though, it's about entertainment too, so that might include things like
freevo and so on. They might also include using tasklets in stackless, how to
handle networking for games/entertainment, or even something simple like how
to get pymedia working and getting started with it.

We'd love to hear from you. Talks at previous Europython's have tended to be
either 45 minutes or 1/2 hour. I would also be very happy to see a series of
15 minute talks focussed on particular areas (think extended lightning talk,
not condensed long talk) which can be bundled together as a "beginners
masterclass" and "masters beginnerclass"

Each presenter will also get a little prize as an inducement to participate.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Michael.
--
EP2006 Games & Entertainment track chair.
Michael Sparks, Kamaelia Project Lead, http://kamaelia.sf.net/