You can see our start time here (and find out when that is in your timezone):
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_AU-VIC.aspx?y=2008&mo=5&d=24&h=6&mn=0

Australia Victoria
  -  6:00 AM Saturday, May 24, 2008
Germany
  - 10:00 PM Friday, May 23, 2008

It'll go for about 4-6 hours, and we'll code and discuss things for
those times in the irc channel.

So far it's just Nicholas and me doing it - but we'd love it if people
would like to join in developing pygame with us.  Marcus (__raz__)
might be able to join too... but isn't sure yet.

My focus will be finishing off a few things for a pygame 1.8.1
release(bug fixes), and Nicholas will be poking around and discussing
the test work.

Please email back in this thread if you're interested in joining in.

Things we're working on are listed here:
http://pygame.org/wiki/todo

We hope to have a mini sprint every week over the course of the GSOC -
we're open to changing the time if other people can join in at the
same time.

cheers,