Re: [pygame] Using Pygame to capture key presses for CLI prgram?

Robert - thanks for the advice.
I posted through nabble.com and it looks like it stripped out the code as it was in a <raw> tag.

I don't fully understand how pygame works and I hoped that by setting os.environ["SDL_VIDEODRIVER"] = "dummy" I could capture key presses.
Is this the case or is a real display necessary before pygame can capture key presses.

Code below.

# Import a library of functions called 'pygame'
import os
import sys
import pygame
import time

os.environ["SDL_VIDEODRIVER"] = "dummy" # No Display
pygame.init()

done = False
while done == False:
        print "..."
        for event in pygame.event.get():
                print "There was a pygame event"
                if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
                        done=True
                        print "I pressed the QUIT KEY"
                        time.sleep(2)
                if event.type == pygame.KEYDOWN:
                        print "a key has been pressed KEYKEYKEYKEY"
                        keypressed = pygame.key.name(event.key)
                        print (keypressed)
                        time.sleep(2)