Re: [pygame] Pygame and OpenGL

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> Well, I created a simple OpenGL app just for testing my ideas, and it
> works just fine. The following code Works For Me(tm):

sounds like you already got it started, but don't overlook the "glcube"
sample the comes in the pygame examples directory :]

the 'context' thing that comes with pyopengl is a simplish set of
classes that abstract out the opengl intialization stuff. technically if
you created something with this context, the program could run with
pygame, glut, wgl, or etc.

this context thing is really only designed for small little opengl
projects. mainly it is an easy framework for people wanting to learn
opengl. they just make an instance of a class and give it a function to
draw. it can be expanded a little further by adding functions to handle
mouse/key events.

you can use pyopengl without it, opengl just requires some other library
to handle window creation and input.