Re: [pygame] Anyone tried Pygame + Tkinter?

Ed Hunter wrote:

> My project uses Tkinter for historical reasons and until I create canvas
> with pygame, I can use from pygame only sound. So I setup sound and
> play() it, unfortunately, as soon as I return control to Tkinter's event
> loop, the sound is cancelled. Is there any way around it? Any suggestions?

hmm, what platform is this? the SDL_mixer sound mixing is done in a
background thread (except os MacOS i suppose). so it shouldn't matter if
the code is in the tcl loop.

here's an idea. can you install some sort of 'idle' callback in tkinter
that just calls pygame.event.pump() ? or just put a callback on a timer
every second or so and have it call this function.