Re: [pygame] blit problem (bug?)

Guillaume Proux wrote:

> More on that bug... It seems that if I make my buffer
> with the flag ASYNCBLIT or SWSURFACE, everything works
> perfectly... BUT AWFULLY SLOW!
>
> If the flag is HWSURFACE, the visual glitch show up
> and things are QUICK!
> grrr... Did anybody experience the same problem
> or is it a h/w issue? (will buf up the available
> memory and update DirectX and we will see...)

aha! i know what it is. you'll need an updated SDL.dll
this comes from the SDL changelog..

Changes for Mon Oct 7:
     * 1.2.5a: Fixed source coordinates for blits from hardware surfaces

grab this zipfile and extract the SDL.dll into your
c:\PYTHON22\LIB\SITE-PACKAGES\PYGAME folder. i'm hoping that takes care
of the problem.

http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.5a-win32.zip