Re: [pygame] Fast Scrolling

Rene Dudfield wrote:
> pete's is 60fps when not moving, and 52fps when moving
> the mouse like crazy.
>
> yours is 40 fps when still, 33 fps when moving.

Interestingly, on both my PC:
- AMD K500, Win98
- Celeron 1 Ghz, Win2000

Mine is always quicker than Pete's (and by a large amount
in FULLSCREEN|DOUBLEBUF mode)...

Wonder what is your config and how come things are not
that nice on your machine.
The fact that I always blit only one screen size object
when not moving while whatever happens Pete's draws as many
tiles as there are in the screen..... hum...
I know that my offscreen rebuilding routine could get a bit smarter,
but I don't want to get headaches trying to push "map" into that.

Wonder if I am not better off writing my tile engine in C

cheers,

Guillaume