Re: [pygame] Game/Multimedia Projects

Yeah, I had an easy time finishing my turn-based strategy game in a
week (well, not easy, as it took me a heck-of-alot of time, like 10
hours a day, but I didn't run out of steam).  And I had planned to
expand it after the contest was over, but you know, it took a month
before I even touched it again.  I also have experience working on
both large and small game projects in online teams.  Let me just say
that it's much easier to be motivated if the person you are working
with is sitting next to you egging you on (as was the case in the
pyweek contest) than  if the communication is easy to ignore (like
email, or even instant messaging).

The first month goes ok, you don't get as much done as you would for a
contest, but you feel the momentum.  After that, there is usually a
lot of time wasted not doing anything when you could have accomplished
a lot more.

Still, don't be discouraged, it can be done, and even though I haven't
finished a full game, I'm still working on the same ones, so the end
will come eventually.  (Notice I say ones, the other way I stay
motivated is to work on several projects.  If I only had one I'd get
bored of it real fast lol)

Anyway, I'd suggest you set up trac+svn, and keep to strict deadlines
with tickets.  The svn commits from your friends will motivate you to
commit something, and the large list of stuff to do can help some
people stay on task.  Although, I've found it doesn't help me much,
being a procrastinator, as I tend to stick to the lowest priority
things, and the high priority ones never get done!

Good luck.