Re: [pygame] Question about mouse motion

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 02:06 +0100, Julien Peeters wrote:
> I wonder what is the best way to implement this algorithm:
>         while true:
>                 if mouse click:
>                         return get rect which mouse is on

If nothing in your window is animating, you'll want to use the
pygame.event.wait() function. This will put your program to sleep (0%
cpu time) until the user does something.

while True:
    event = pygame.event.wait()
    if event.type == pygame.MOUSEBUTTONDOWN:
        position = event.pos
        for thing in allGraphicThings:
            if thing.getRect().collidepoint(position):
                print "You Pressed:", thing