Re: [pygame] [Pygame] Tileset Animation

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM, yannisv <yannisvezakis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello! Allow me first to apologize if this post is a duplicate, apparently my
> first one was not accepted and I just subscribed. Now, I've been trying to
> make a 2D RPG but I'm stuck. I cannot figure out how to properly use
> tilesets, and I cannot find any useful or beginner-friendly tutorials.
>
> First of all, I have the tileset of my main character. I want to slice the
> image into tiles and use them for my character's movement. Up, down, right,
> left.
>
> Secondly, how can I use a "map" I made with Tiled Map Editor with pygame? I
> simply exported my map as an image file, but I guess if it was imported in
> the code as tiles, with scenery and object layers, it would be easier to add
> things like collision detection etc.

I ran a tutorial on that topic this year, the first part is recorded
and the sources are available.
https://ep2012.europython.eu/conference/talks/hands-on-with-pygame

(I will be running an improved version of that tutorial in March on
PyCon.US, *if* they accept it)

--
Radomir Dopieralski, http://sheep.art.pl