 Subject: RE: [pygame] pygame idea: pgHoF (pygame Hall of Fame)
 To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
 Date: Friday, November 1, 2013, 1:56 PM

 [mailto:owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx]
 On
 > Behalf Of Jason Marshall
 > Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 5:35 AM
 > To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
 > Subject: Re: [pygame] pygame idea: pgHoF (pygame Hall
 of Fame)

 > Thanks, Westley.
 >

 > 1.    On bitbucket.org, should I create
 a new repository for pygame Arcade
 > under the existing pygame team's control? This
 repository would be at
 > https://bitbucket.org/pygame/Arcade. Or
 should I create a new team on
 > bitbucket.org?

 I guess it depends how closely tied we want to be with
 Pygame.  I'm not
 a Pygame developer so I don't know what the proper protocol
 for this
 would be.

 > 2.    Does anybody have a better idea
 for a name for this application?

 I think it's a good start.  It's better than Pygame
 Launcher.  Maybe
 PyArcade, but that might be taking the Py- convention too
 far.  I have a
 question though.  Will this be open to any games
 written in Python or
 only those that use Pygame?

 > 3.    Should we start from scratch or
 start with something that somebody else
 > has created? (Adam Furman's Python OS, which I haven't
 looked into, comes to
 > mind.) I'm inclined to start from scratch with Python
 2.7.6, which bundles the
 > version of Tkinter that's compatible with OS X
 Mavericks and integrates well
 > with Mercurial. Because I have used Tkinter at work,
 it's my first choice for
 > creating a basic GUI, but what are your opinions of
 using it?

 Tkinter is my first choice as well.  We should reuse
 code when we can.
 (And if it's a good idea of course)

 > 4.    Does anybody have a good reason
 why we shouldn't create a pygame Arcade
 > application at all?
 >
 > Jason

 There's never a good reason to not make a good program :)
 Why don't we start with a sheet of ideas/goals that we want
 accomplish for the app?  Maybe present it on this
 mailing list so we can
 get input from everyone else.  Here's one goal of
 mine:

  * Track data made by games, such as save files, so that it
 may be
    removed (like when the game is
 uninstalled).