Re: [pygame] Re: question for ShreadWheat

Andrew Jones wrote:
> ogg support for pygame would be very cool.
> Im most likely missing something but when I downloaded + compiled +
> installed the latest cvs version of SDL_mixer and tried playing a ogg
> file  and got the following:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "oggplayer.py", line 24, in ?
>    main()
>  File "oggplayer.py", line 16, in main
>    sound = pygame.mixer.Sound("best_foot_forward.ogg")
> pygame.error: Unrecognized file type (not VOC)

make sure you compile SDL_mixer with support for OGG, you might need a
--enable-music-ogg in the ./configure command. i was just looking at the
cvs code last night and there are no extra functions. it is all handled
internally so pygame needs nothing extra for it to work. hmm, it looks like
the configure tool will default to using ogg if it can find the correct
libraries.

just to make sure, try playing OGG on the music object and see if they work?
    pygame.mixer.music.load('best_foot_forward.ogg')
    pygame.mixer.music.play()

i also just submitted a patch to SDL_mixer that should clear up that error
message :]