Re: [pygame] font initialization error

Thanks Kyle. I had not initialized the font system.
It works after I included "pygame.font.init()

I have a couple of other issues with the code I'm working on right
now.

1. if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
        sys.exit()

I'm using this to close the Pygame window, but it always sort of hangs
and then a pop up saying "this program is not responding".
"pythonw.exe nonresponsive" etc. Why is it this way?

2. In the running loop of the program, I'm using a function to
blit text to background.blit(text, textpos)
And the "text" in each case has to be new, that is a new value.
But my current code is just rewriting the text on top of the old value,
creating a mess. Is there a way to refresh this?

I'll be very grateful for any hints on the above.

dj fadereu
http://www.algomantra.com