Re: [pygame] [OPENGL]Combining blended and unblended scenes

On Oct 1, 2008, at 2:01 PM, 110110010 wrote:

Hello.
I am a newbie to OpenGL and I wonder if i can use blended and not- blended objects in one moment. Can you tell me how?

In general blending is either on or off, but with blending on, the alpha color value (either via a material color or texture) determines how much of the underlying drawing can be seen. Exactly how blending is performed is determined by the current blend function. Different blend functions can generate very different results.

Can you be more specific about exactly what you are trying to do? Then I might be able to formulate a more specific answer.

-Casey