Re: [pygame] placing a running program's output on a surface

> Sure, it all comes down to inventing a new GUI to run on top of an existing
> GUI/windowing system. Think Smalltalk. A console on a modern graphics based
> operating system is just a text widget in a window.
>
> --
> Lenard Lindstrom
> <len-l@xxxxxxxxx>

So can you walk me through how a program like Firefox makes it's whole
display on the screen? How does it interact with X11 and say kde? How
does it get it's gui to display? At what level would you need to write
to get it to be on a surface verses the normal screen?

--
Douglas E Knapp