Re: [pygame] Recording sound

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Luke Paireepinart
<rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Cool, Nathan.  I was thinking about writing a singing game - well
> maybe not a game so much as a tool.  It plays scales and gives you
> your statistical accuracy as far as hitting the correct note (just
> based on pitch - also would do intervals etc.)

Ah, then you want my SoundAnalyse module.  It is C code with a python
wrapper for realtime pitch and volume detection.
http://code.google.com/p/pygalaxy/wiki/SoundAnalyse

I separated it out from SWMixer just because compiling C code as part
of the install is harder than installing a pure python package.

> I was thinking about also adding support for music...

To play notes from python, I use FluidSynth.  It uses SF2 soundfont
files, then you send it NOTEON events and such to play music.  I have
a preliminary binding for it, pyFluidSynth.
http://code.google.com/p/pygalaxy/wiki/pyFluidSynth

> Is your API stable at this point?

All the packages and APIs should be relatively stable, but they have
not been tested on all architectures by lots of people.  Bug reports
are encouraged.
--
Nathan Whitehead