Re: [pygame] my rpg game (so far)

>>> The project page is located here: http://www.pygame.org/project/677

The pygame page needs an .htaccess setup or something to deal with urls without appended slashes.

This url works:  http://www.pygame.org/project/677/

This doesn't:   http://www.pygame.org/project/677

The game looks promising. Slap a character creation menu on it and a few of Farmer Maggot's dogs and it will be good to go; a bonafide RPG
It would be fun if there was something to ctrl->cursor run away from.

I'm no pygame expert but I noticed a few little things, hopefully someone more experienced can weigh in.

In your Scene.event_check routine:

<code>
# Check and respond to user input
for event in pygame.event.get():

pygame.event.pump() keyinput = pygame.key.get_pressed() </code>

I am pretty sure you don't need to run event.pump() for every event.

"This function is not necessary if your program is consistently processing events on the queue through the other pygame.event functions. "

That amounts to:

<code>
while 1:
   for event in pygame.event.get():
       pygame.event.pump()
</code>

It doesn't seem like `keyinput` is being used at all so it's probably not needed.

<code>
elif event.key == K_UP or event.key == K_DOWN or event.key == K_LEFT or event.key == K_RIGHT:
   do_stuff()
</code

The python idiom for this is

<code>
elif event.key in (K_UP, K_DOWN, K_LEFT, K_RIGHT):
   do_stuff()
</code>