Re: [pygame] strange font

azazel wrote:
> I have a strange problem, all the application that use font suddendly show
> simple rectangles instead of correct fonts, why?

i've been seeing this on and off also. i think it mainly has to do with
switching to the new freetype-2.1 library. there were some changes in
freetype which make it fussy with the current SDL_ttf. also try a different
font or two. for some reason this problem goes away on me before i spend
too much time digging into it.

the little boxes are freetype's way of representing a character that
doesn't exist in the font. i don't think this is directly a pygame problem,
but it would be nice to know what the problem really is and what the fix
should be. good luck