Re: [school-core] Affero's concept

I can speak to this ...

In the past I have attempted to make a place for SEUL at conferences and
shows as they come to our area and there is one basic barrier... Money
  In the past we have been helped by Linux Mandrake  as there were (at that
time) similar goals for both entities.. SEUL could help the end user with
its adoption and Linux Mandrake was/is a very novice friendly distro.  Alas,
LM and all of the rest of the Linux Industry is in survival mode, spending
little or no money outside of core operational needs, and very little if any
is available to outsiders.

Why money?  These conferences and shows, with very few exceptions, are
looking to generate revenue because it is their business model, they are
promoting a "consortium" of like minded companies, or they are collecting
operational funds for other activities. In all cases they look at the
vendors wanting booth space, and how they fit the show model.

Can the vendor attract people to the program or show?  Can the vendor
generate direct revenue?  Is the vendor capable of providing an enhancement
to the program to keep people on the show floor longer?  This is not all
they look at, but they are the questions that I have had to answer.  Unless
we can convince the conference and show promoter it is in their best
interest and that we can provide a really useful piece to the shows program,
they only care if we have money.  Additionally, unless the show floor is
really undersold, if we are not a good fit in their view, we may have no
chance to get in the show.

Just a few words from my view.

Bill