[school-core] wikiWebs

Hi,

I feel like there is so much to discuss and share in the schoolForge
community, but its difficult to get a perspective of who is doing what
and where they are, etc.  mailing lists and irc chats can only offer so
much.

Would anyone be interested in hosting a SchoolForge WikiWeb? If you are
unfamiliar with a wikiWeb it's a form of hypertext publishing that lets
anyone who views the site, edit the site. My friends and I just
installed one and it is going very well.  Our server is pretty maxed out
at this point, otherwise I would love to do it myself, we are using
PHPwiki from http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net .  I really want to share
ideas with other people in this community but it feels futile with
everything going through the main schoolforge mailing list.

I would really love to see people sketch out their local and regional
user groups as well as special topic interest groups.  For example, if
we had a schoolforge wiki, I would immediately carve out a space for a

New York Area User Group,
ShockWave Flash Special Interest Group,
Early Childhood Technology Group,
Classroom Design/Experimental Computing Interface Special Interest
Group,
Digital Video, Photography, and Document Research Group.
and a Undergrad/Graduate Student of Education Forum.

Anyone want to host the phpwiki scripts?

In the mean time, anyone located near me or interested in similar open
source applications?

Thanks,
Sean
Long Island, NY, USA