Re: [school-core] Donate link?

Some thoughts -

Michael Viron wrote:

You may want to confer with Roger Dingledine (arma) before you make a decision to see whether or not this is allowable.

Good point.  I'll check with Roger.

The feedback has been promising, and I would like to take a second to outline some of the ideas that are motivating me.

* The recent news of Scott McNealy delivering a paper to President Obama in an attempt to make a case for more utilization of Open Source use in government. As many here know, Scott McNealy is one of the founders of Curriki.org which promotes and delivers open educational resources under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license by default

I see this as a positive development that could bring more attention to resources such as SchoolForge. Especially so when it seems plausible that many would go to google "open source educational software" to learn more about the subject.

* A well and newly developed Drupal site would provide vertical opportunities. For example, a site similar to SchoolForge but focused on medical and health software. I've registered vitalforge.com / org some time ago with the thinking that a new theme and some verbiage changes on top of the website platform would make this relatively straight forward

* What has held me back other than the standards (time & money.) I think part of it is that I feel someone with more in depth knowledge of the subject area, be it in education or health (as in the example given with VitalForge,) would be more fit to handle aspects of the operations side of things.

Beyond all of this, I've been actively developing Drupal sites for the last couple years and know far more than I did when I was just starting to learn it. (Using SchoolForge.net as my classroom ;)

Thats the current batch of ideas I've been mulling over.  Any thoughts?

Justin Riddiough