[school-discuss] Feedback needed from teachers for the KDE-Edu project

Hi!

As you know, the KDE-Edu project is doing quite well but we need
more
feedback from teachers and in several countries.
http://edu.kde.org
We started to  "internationalize" a few programs and we would need
data in
several languages. We would also need to know if the application can

be run
in several countries, and how to make it work for several languages.

As a start, we would need feedback about KLearnSpelling.
http://edu.kde.org/klearnspelling
(needs KDE2)
This program is intended to help pupils to learn to spell words. The

interface is not so good at the moment.
We would like to get some lists of words that children must learn to

spell in
several languages. These words will also be used in other programs
like
KHangMan, KMessedWords and a flash-card program (and maybe more).
We would like teachers to tell us how they think their pupils could
use such
a program and what features would be useful for the teacher (having
the score
of each child, printable, ....)

We already have the help of one teacher and the ideas he has are
very
valuable as we, developers, don't see the software actually in use.
If you
have Linux in your classroom or if you have a little time to test
the
programs at home and participate at the improvement, we would be
very
grateful!

You can subscribe to the kde-edu mailing list
http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu
and send here your suggestions/ideas to improve one of the existing
software.
Or you can mail me and I'll pass it on.

Thanks a lot in advance!

The KDE-Edu team