Re: [school-discuss] Gradebook Specification

Layout, no, not too important as long as it fits on a page and is
(fairly) readable, but fields:

Transcripts

Name and other identifying information (address, DOB, sex, ID,
parent/guardian, phone, teaher/councelor)
Graduation year
school phone

semester blocks with;
course code, course name, grade, credits earned
and semester calculations for attempted credits, completed credits, and GPA.

notations for each course taken that it was AP, Advanced, A-G
(california only), honors, non-academic or remedial and the option to
calculate those courses with no or higher credit weight.

GPA summary with 9-12 all and 10-12 all as well as academic only.

area to list completed competencies or challenged courses

credit summary listing subject/course, # of required credits, #
completed and # deficient

and completion boxes for math and english sections of the California HS
exit exam.

Date printed and a signature block for "Official" transcripts

I'll dig up a few sample report cards and post any fields which may not
be obvious.

I've got room on our Linux server and are ready to get something going
(we hand create all docs now)  Your release date will work perfectly for
our staff development.

Jim Aird