[school-discuss] Fwd: GEM Consortium Membership Application status for Engima Technologies Corp.(thought you would like to know :-)

Subject: GEM Consortium Membership Application status for Engima
Technologies Corp.
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:06:55 -0400
From: GEM Cataloging Manager <gcatmgr@ericir.syr.edu>
To: Mike Eschman <meschman@engima.com>

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your application to join the Gateway to Educational Materials
(GEM) Consortium.

We have evaluated your resources and have found that they meet the criteria
for inclusion in The Gateway (www.thegateway.org). To have your resources
accessible through The Gateway, your company will need to commit staff time
to create metadata records for your resources. This is because The Gateway
is more than a list of links. It is a collection of metadata records that
describe and point to Internet-based resources.

The GEMCat cataloging tool can be used to create the records. The tool and
training materials are free, and are available at:
www.geminfo.org/Workbench/index.html.

If your materials are in a database, we will need the assistance of your
database administrator to output GEM conformant records from the
database.  Please email us when you are ready to begin the process of
creating metadata records for your resources. We will not proceed with the
membership process until we hear from you.  Thank you again for your
interest in GEM.

Carolyn
********
Carolyn A. Sprague
GEM Cataloging Manager
The Gateway to Educational Materials Project
ERIC Clearinghouse on Information & Technology
Syracuse University    Syracuse, New York
Tel:  (315) 443-3640
Toll Free:  (800) 464-9107
Fax:  (315) 443-5448
E-mail:  gcatmgr@ericir.syr.edu