Re: [school-discuss] How to present Linux to schools

On Thursday 25 April 2002 08:43, Randy Smith wrote:

> My biggest problem is that some of the schools in the area are so poor
> that they are completely funded by grants (including a few Gates
> Foundation Grants). That pulls most of the teeth out of the "cost of
> ownership" arguments.

Hi:  Don't you think the grant funded schools need to be reallocating scarce
resources in some direction other than M$?  When you look at the terms of a
Gates Foundation Grant, you will find exhorbitant costs involved, in terms of
administrative reporting, requirements, staffing, etc.  It's pure poison.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/