Re: [school-discuss] How to present Linux to schools

On Thursday 25 April 2002 23:00, Kyle Hutson wrote:
> 4) Even if all these were addressed, I'm not sure we would still be
> able to completely switch (particularly at the High School), since
> we serve as our own "vocational education" service and I have some
> parents already questioning why we're using Corel instead of
> Microsoft and naturally "that's what they'll see in 'the real
> world'".

<HERESY>Not after Microsoft goes bust!</HERESY> Yes, I know lots of people say
it'll never happen, but there seems to be a more than adequate amount of
illegal back-room stuff happening with shares and retirement funds to
actually achieve this. And if Bill dies it'll all unravel pretty quickly
(matter of a few years) anyway.

Linux has no way of going bust, as such, although individual distributors
might.

Cheers; Leon