Re: [school-discuss] gradebook software

I will attempt to incorporate some of the gradebook discussion into the
web-based Edventure course management system that I will be finishing
this summer. It may also be the case that the underlying database, and
even some of the PHP can be reused for an off-line version as well. (PHP
  has a GTK connection that would allow desktop-based graphics so that
it wouldn't need to run in a browser. Possibilities include the ability
to download to work offline for a while, then upload it back to the
server for internet access.)

As an aside, Edventure will soon be given the GNU stamp of approval,
which means that it will be an official GNU product. It was an
interesting process going from a bunch of code to a GNU-approved
project. I'll tell that story later...

-Doug Blank

--
Douglas S. Blank,         Assistant Professor
dblank@brynmawr.edu,            (610)526-6501