[school-discuss] Schoolforge Wiki

Dear All,

On the suggestion of Sean Keane, I have set up a Wiki for Schoolforge-use at
http://iteachnet.org:8080/sfzwiki

If someone knows Zope well, I'd love to make him or her the admin of the site. I
have tried also to install plone as that was discussed on the last chat, but so
far no luck. Any zopers out there willing to help?

While I'm on the subject of tools ...

Also on this site is an FLE installation, thanks to Teemu of Mimerdesk fame, so
if anyone wants to play with that, a "constructivist" or discovery-based course
builder, let me know and I'll give you an account.

For that matter, anyone wanting to try out Manhattan, log on to
http://iteachnet.org/manhat-bin/doorstep?class=tester
username: jjones
password: jjones

Additionally, I thought I'd list what I think are the best Web-based tools right
now to see what others are thinking. Or, rather, here are some other tools I use
and with which I am happy:

*Content Manager: news.schoolforge.net runs on geeklog which can be found at
http://www.geeklog.net
*Portal builder: http://www.iteachnet.org now runs on Metadot
(http://www.metadot.org) and I've made it open to anyone interested in
international ed -- I'm sure that includes most of schoolforge, so please build
your site. You'll see it's a very cool tool
*Groupware: Mimerdesk is a beautiful piece of work with more groupware
functionality than you can shake a stick at; soon to have mail integration
*Mailing lists: Mailman -- I like it.
*Library OPAC: Koha -- our little library at RMA is using it, but it's big
enough for a system of libraries
*School Admin tool: Open Admin for Schools by Les Richardson -- very cool.
Teachers input grades and attendance; office inputs student addresses, etc., I
press the print button and OAfS outputs pdfs.  Darn good stuff, only getting better.
*Course builder: http://manhattan.sf.net by Steve Narmontas

I'll install the latest Manhattan (v. 2.0) this summer.

Best wishes,

David

--
http://www.iteachnet.org